First week of school after march holidays
Finally the busy week is over. I haven't got the chance to update my blog, due to the amount of homework I had for this week. Some of it are the leftover homework from the march holiday, and I got to know about some of it only when school reopens.
I realised we are actually surrounded by loads of stupid competitions, one good example is the KFC "make a commercial" competition. Recently KFC have been showing a series of "home-made" KFC commercials, and we are suppose to vote for the best commercial, but honestly, they are irritating me. I know they are not professional commercial creators, but I believe they can be less irritating. I remember one of it is about O.R fillet burger, it shows one lady and one guy dancing and singing with the burger in their hands. I remembered the lady as someone who acted in a Channel 8 show before, but her character in that show was irritating, and the commercial she and her friend made is still as irritating as ever. she always have her finger in a position that looks like a gun and always doing the "yo-yo" thing and the two of them seriously lack teamwork.
Nothing special in this week, except for the debate during the geography class on thursday. I wasn't involve in the debate as I was absent in the last lesson, so I don't have a group, and so I got the easy job of being a recorder(record down important points in the debate), with three other classmates. Actually I never liked debate, because it shows the "bitchy-ness" of people. One group will always ask another group a hell lot of "hard to answer" questions, and the group will sometimes end up speechless. This actually happened in the geography debate, but I shan't mention names. If you want to see a real-life example, watch "The Arena" that's showing on Channel 5. If I'm one of the contestants(which I will never agree to be), I would have thrown my shoes at the other group.
I realised we are actually surrounded by loads of stupid competitions, one good example is the KFC "make a commercial" competition. Recently KFC have been showing a series of "home-made" KFC commercials, and we are suppose to vote for the best commercial, but honestly, they are irritating me. I know they are not professional commercial creators, but I believe they can be less irritating. I remember one of it is about O.R fillet burger, it shows one lady and one guy dancing and singing with the burger in their hands. I remembered the lady as someone who acted in a Channel 8 show before, but her character in that show was irritating, and the commercial she and her friend made is still as irritating as ever. she always have her finger in a position that looks like a gun and always doing the "yo-yo" thing and the two of them seriously lack teamwork.Another example is a "mental" competition, which is studies. I heard that my neighbour is having problems with his pure geography subjects and is under lots of stress, which made him develop an extremely bad temper. Maybe it's because I didn't liked him(he was rude, unfriendly, proud, and he has a pussy CCA, which is to play some lame musical instrument, which I heard him playing it before, and which he played horribly), but I think he's stupid. I have heard about his story of completing with his friend in exams, and studying like mad just to win his friends. Now he's having problems with his pure geography, and he just cannot afford to lose to his friends, therefore putting pressure on himself. I seriously think it's stupid to have competitions with our results, which sometimes, some people does in my present class.
On saturday, we had Road Run and Family day. The road run distance was cut down to only 2.6 km, much lesser than the 4.8 km that we sue to do in past years. It's not that I like running, but the annual road run seems to have lost it's purpose after the distances have been cut down. I always got 12 minutes plus for my 2.4 km run, and no exception for today, I got only one point for Kestrel(two points for boys who run below 12 minutes and girls who run under 16 mintues). After that we help out at the game stall for our class, and we went for the NPCC basketball competition at Hua Yi secondary as supporters. We won the first match against Fajar secondary and another random school which I can't remember, but we lost to the Bukit Batok secondary in the semi-finals. After that there was refreshments and we went home after that.
Here's a funny video of a scene in Stephen Chow's show, with he himself and Law Kar Ying in it. Enjoy it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home