That Munkified Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Trouble with books

Blame myself for not checking properly when I first got the books. As I had the SAC bursary, I can have free books and so I got them from the bookstore that's nearest to the school. Only before the start of school then I realise they had given me the wrong chinese books and wrong geography books. The worst thing is that I have written my name on them, so I managed to get the marker ink off my geography books with a bit of Thinner, but not for my chinese books as it's not that type of smooth cover.

So I tried to change the geography books (that has some Thinner on it) first. Before me was a girl who also wanted to change a science workbook. This is the first thing the bookstore auntie said, "ah girl ah! don't try to cheat me leh! you never buy this from me right?"

"No I bought this from you yesterday, you can ask your helper, he gave this wrong workbook to me!"

So the argument went on for a while, with both sides repeating the same thing and the girl finally gave up and then it's my turn. Still wondering whether the auntie will change the textbook for me, I put the two books on the counter and said, "Auntie I need to exchange this two books."

"Why need to change?!"

"That day when you gave me the free books, you gave me the wrong ones, you gave me the one for pure geography instead of elective geography."

"Don't try to change for your friends leh! give me the letter and the two books, I must check first!"

Seeing that she had the things with her already and so I leave it with her first, believing it should be safe with her. The second day I went back, and what was left was the textbook and she insisted I didn't give her the workbook, refusing to exchange anything unless she had the "set of textbook and workbook". And so I went back to her after school, and I insisted I've given her the two books and so after quite some number of "arguments" and checking of booklist, I only got the textbook and I bought my chinese books from her(since it had names on it, I can forget about exchanging) before walking away and swearing in my mind that I'll never buy anything from the store again unless I had no choice.

And so just the day after getting the chinese books, I realise the chinese books cost only $14 in total while I remembered getting only change of coins less than one dollar when I gave the helper two $10 notes. It's my fault for not checking again and let's just forget about getting it back this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home