NPCC NCO camp!!!
It's finally over~ It's not that I hate it, but it was tiring. We are the 11th batch to complete the NCO (Non- Commissioned Officer)camp, which means we will be taking over the Kranji NPCC unit soon. The first day of the camp was kind of tiring...because there was planning of campfire and loads of lectures, and I actually felt like sleeping during the lectures, but I think I might get laptops thrown at me if I fell asleep.
The second day was a really tiring day. In the morning, we had morning PT, When we were given a choice to do 340 of something for our punishment for our ankle socks. We did so many different types of exercises, but actually we should have just done something easier. Then, we had breakfast and a few more lectures before campcraft practical session, when we have a competition between the groups, to set up one tent and one flagstaff. Both the teams didn't make it in time(10 minutes) , and the sirs and mdms promised us something unpleasant, but not nasty, which is given to us in a much later part of the day.
We had a one hour break/lunch, when we are to cook our own lunch, which is instant noodles, with other canned food like baked beans and pineapple. After the lunch, we had lectures (again), and then drill session. Before drill session, we had to change into our uniforms, we were told to have our "own time, own target", but I smell something fishy. After we are done changing, we were scolded for being too slow and we have to change back to our PT kit, and this continued for two more times, which is what they call the changing parade. Actually I expected more number of times of this cycle, I never liked it, but I heard from my sister that they changed for loads more times.
We had drills and then it was time for dinner, when we had packed food, and campfire after that. The campfire was held for the first in a NCO camp, but actually it was kind of...not that successful. We had a skit, loads of cheers and games, but we were told that the guests(ex-NPCC kranjians) were helping us lighten up the atmosphere. After the campfire, I was happy, because I thought that the day was going to end. However, I was shocked when I get to know the next activity, night drills. We were told to change into half-U and take our rifles and fall in outside the NPCC room. We had drills and everyone of us have to teach their groups something. I was given three choices of what to teach, but the first two command was confusing, so I chose the easiest, which is how to fall in and fall out, but I think I taught in a very boring tone, and my teamates might fall asleep if I continue on. As our group took a shorter time, we were given 10 minutes to rest, and I fell asleep on the canteen table, till sir came to wake me up.
It was already 2 am in the morning, but we still have night PT. After we changed into our PT kits, we were taught how to conduct a PT session, and also some exercises. After that we were told to lie face down on the ground, while the sirs poured water onto us. It was the punishment for our campcraft session, actually it made all of us awake, as it was very cold. Finally, we get to bath and sleep, as our night duty was cancelled.
The third day, we had breakfast, area cleaning, and lectures, when Miss Foo gave us our NCO unit T-shirt. After that we were made to drink 2/3 of our 1.5 litres water bottle, before the camp was over. We must thank the Mdms, Sirs and seniors, as they planned the NCO camp for us. I must also thank several squadmates, one girl who out of nowhere admitted her mistakes and made the whole squad did 20 push-ups with her, and squadmates who did so much for the squad in this camp. Actually, there is always a darker side to everything, I heard quite some gossips in this camp, seriously I think there is no need to complete against anyone.
The second day was a really tiring day. In the morning, we had morning PT, When we were given a choice to do 340 of something for our punishment for our ankle socks. We did so many different types of exercises, but actually we should have just done something easier. Then, we had breakfast and a few more lectures before campcraft practical session, when we have a competition between the groups, to set up one tent and one flagstaff. Both the teams didn't make it in time(10 minutes) , and the sirs and mdms promised us something unpleasant, but not nasty, which is given to us in a much later part of the day.
We had a one hour break/lunch, when we are to cook our own lunch, which is instant noodles, with other canned food like baked beans and pineapple. After the lunch, we had lectures (again), and then drill session. Before drill session, we had to change into our uniforms, we were told to have our "own time, own target", but I smell something fishy. After we are done changing, we were scolded for being too slow and we have to change back to our PT kit, and this continued for two more times, which is what they call the changing parade. Actually I expected more number of times of this cycle, I never liked it, but I heard from my sister that they changed for loads more times.
We had drills and then it was time for dinner, when we had packed food, and campfire after that. The campfire was held for the first in a NCO camp, but actually it was kind of...not that successful. We had a skit, loads of cheers and games, but we were told that the guests(ex-NPCC kranjians) were helping us lighten up the atmosphere. After the campfire, I was happy, because I thought that the day was going to end. However, I was shocked when I get to know the next activity, night drills. We were told to change into half-U and take our rifles and fall in outside the NPCC room. We had drills and everyone of us have to teach their groups something. I was given three choices of what to teach, but the first two command was confusing, so I chose the easiest, which is how to fall in and fall out, but I think I taught in a very boring tone, and my teamates might fall asleep if I continue on. As our group took a shorter time, we were given 10 minutes to rest, and I fell asleep on the canteen table, till sir came to wake me up.
It was already 2 am in the morning, but we still have night PT. After we changed into our PT kits, we were taught how to conduct a PT session, and also some exercises. After that we were told to lie face down on the ground, while the sirs poured water onto us. It was the punishment for our campcraft session, actually it made all of us awake, as it was very cold. Finally, we get to bath and sleep, as our night duty was cancelled.
The third day, we had breakfast, area cleaning, and lectures, when Miss Foo gave us our NCO unit T-shirt. After that we were made to drink 2/3 of our 1.5 litres water bottle, before the camp was over. We must thank the Mdms, Sirs and seniors, as they planned the NCO camp for us. I must also thank several squadmates, one girl who out of nowhere admitted her mistakes and made the whole squad did 20 push-ups with her, and squadmates who did so much for the squad in this camp. Actually, there is always a darker side to everything, I heard quite some gossips in this camp, seriously I think there is no need to complete against anyone.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home