That Munkified Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Can I have smooth meat please~

And so I had my last NPCC promotion test of my life yesterday, which I don't think I did well but still, it's over, so I should stop thinking about it. I have nothing much to blog about, except to wish you people a late Merry Christmas. It's still too early to wish you people a Happy New Year, so I'll just talk about what happened today when I went to the coffee shop beside my house to get my dinner.

The coffee shop had just reopened (for the second or the third time), and so I thought I'll go find out what new stores are there. Some of the stores are not opened yet, and there's only four stores (a chicken rice store, two noodle stores and a Zi Char store) , so I thought I'll try the chicken rice. I went to the chicken rice store auntie and said this.

Me: Can I have a packet of chicken rice, I want the white chicken and the smooth meat(in hokkien)

Store Auntie: huh?!

Me: I want the smooth meat(in chinese) (I don't know if it's she can't hear me or she don't know hokkien, but I decided to just say it in chinese)

Store Auntie(laughing): wah, so good arh, your father eat one right?

Me: No, it's for myself.

When I got home, I told my mother the whole incident and she said only little kids tell chicken rice store owners that they want smooth chicken meat in chinese. I think the auntie took me as a kid and hence the question, but maybe because she thinks I'm being cute for talking like a little boy, she gave me quite a lot of meat.

Maybe the next time I buy chicken rice, I'll make the cutest look I can ever make, and ask for smooth meat in chinese, and I might get extra meat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home