That Munkified Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Science Challenge at Nanyang Poly

My class went to Nanyang Poly today to watch the people from my class take part in the Science challenge held by all the Polys in Singapore. It's quite obvious that they wanted to promote Engineering to us, without having to watch much of the other content of the day. You can see that just by listening to all the speech by all the Guest Of Honors. There was dance and singing performance putted up for us before the guest of honor arrive, a girl performed "Irreplaceable", and the dance was performed twice(when the emcees asked us if we wanted to watch it again, it's obvious that we didn't want to, but the guy forced us to watch), because the guests are really late.

After all the speeches, it was the competition, and the three guys(Bing Ru, Yong Ting and Nicholas) in my class won it. I must say I really respect this three guys, because the questions that were asked were really difficult (the type of questions that I might not even get the answer after thinking about it for a day, and this three guys did it in the limited time of 15 seconds, and got more than half of it correct) There was a draw between our school and another random one after the 30+ questions, and they got the extra question correct to become the Champion. (but they later admitted that they got the last question correct by using the dice function in their calculator, however, there's still no doubt about their ability)

After the competition, there was a speech and drama performance about time travel, but it was quite boring, then there is the prize giving, then a great performance by a band , I don't know if it's the band of the school, but they are really professional, they played some kind of Samba music (a type of brazilian music), but I'm not sure whether it is(it sounds like it to me) Then they put up two performances of the Samba music, and then one entertaining performance with all the funny music that you always hear in movies. I was hoping the emcee will come out and make us watch the performance again, but he didn't. After the performances, there was buffet and after eating, we visited the little shopping centre in the school, which is rather random, and we went back to the auditorium for the lucky draw.

Finally, I must talk about the generous prize given out. The Champions won $1000 and a Motorola handphone for each. Then there was the lucky draw, where 5 Ipod shuffle was given out, and two girls from my class got it. There's also the Motorola lucky draw, which I had taken part in, but I didn't get any of the two Motorola RAZR or the Motorola ROKR. What a generous sponsor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home