That Munkified Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Detergent commercials

I don't understand why all detergent or other cleaning products love to have crappy commercials, and there's only four types(as far as I can think of) of them. Sometimes I really don't understand why they cannot come out with anything else.

1. They will dirty your clothes for no reason and then introduce you the cleaning product

One of the commercial I remember is two woman going up to a random passerby and then dirty her clothes with some things(without any reason) and then tell her "don't be afraid, we'll clean it for you", then they sort of help take off her jacket and then put it on a table, draw a circle with a lipstick and soak it in some soap water, and then it's clean(and the passerby will look very happy, with her wet and most probably soapy jacket). How is it possible?! I mean if someone really did that, he/she will most likely get some beatings.

2. Some superman type of cartoon that sells cleaning products

The commercial will start with a random person complaining that she can't clean something off completely, and this "superman" will appear. I can imagine what will happen if a person like this really appeared.

Auntie: I can't clean this stain off completely!

"Superman" Cartoon(appears out of nowhere): Don't worry, you can clean it off completely with the latest XXX!

Auntie: AHHH!!!! WHO IS THIS FREAK!!!! *grabs broom and start beating the hell out of the "superman"*

3. Scare your wife will be angry?

This type of commercials always starts with showing a guy dirtying his clothes and then someone(out of nowhere again) with ask the guy if he's afraid that his wife will be angry because she'll have to clean his clothes, then the talking voice will introduce the product to him.

4. Protest

This commercial is still showing on TV now, so maybe you can try catching it on TV. It's the magiclean commercial. It shows a bunch of random people protesting just because they can't clean stains off their sink or wall completely or the dirty stuff returns a few days after cleaning. Then a minister appears and introduce the new product to them. Nothing much to say about this commercial, but I think it's really lame. (sad to say, the commercial is made in Singapore)

However, most of the crap commercials come from our beloved neighbour across the causeway, whom I think is infamous for their ability to think. Not.

So we can't blame them, can we?

And the next time you want to try spotting a malaysian commercial, look out for the people they use, most of them are people who looks like mixture of malay and chinese.

Still, there are good commercials around, so to end off the post, there's two commercials that I think is quite good, and most of you might have seen it before.




P/S: I have been asked to do a quiz on my blog(again), but I'm not going to do it, because I'm lazy, and most importantly all this quiz are lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home