That Munkified Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I want to blog, but I've really run of things to talk about. Most are too boring, like saying how boring studying is and how Project Work is making some of us mentally unstable. I'm currently still kind of free from exam stress, because my mid year exams comes only after the june holidays (good right?) I got a camp to go to for the whole of next week, It called the Alpha Bravo Camp (AB Camp), it's only for chairmans, cca leaders and people from the counsel. We were told we must have discipline and a sense of urgency in the camp, which somehow, strangely reminds me of my NPCC camps. I shall talk more about it after I've been through it.

I don't know why but I suddenly thought of this incident for no particular reason, so I guess I'll just talk about it for a while. It happened during my literature class, we were doing group work and we had to interpret a poem. It mentioned something about a Lamb or a sheep. I didn't know what it meant, so I just asked my group members. Then one of my group members told me that it's referring to christianity. He then proceeded to tell me that it's "common knowledge you should know" and gave me the "duh" + "you're-a-weirdo-and-an-idiot-for-not-knowing" look. Here's what I've got to say: Nothing's ever "common knowledge". Especially for things like religion which differs for everyone. Nothing can ever be considered more superior than the others. It's just like how you wouldn't tell a girl that "you're a girl, you should know how to cook". Everyone should have the right to choose what they believe in. Please respect and do not judge.

When you continue studies after secondary education, and you're flooded with homework and projects, the best thing that can happen to you might most probably be your CCA. So for me it will be Football that have been the fun for me. So here's a video of the Singapore Football Team which has made it far despite the lack of support. It's a reminder for us, no matter in studies or CCAs or anything else, all you have to do is to just keep improving and keep working hard. And you will go far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home