Kranji Graduation Night 2008
Well, I guess this officially ends our secondary school life. I had some difficulty sleeping for the past two days, because the song "Graduation" by Vitamin C keeps playing in my mind, then images of the graduation night keep popping up in my mind. Sounds a little dramatic, but it did happen. Alright here's a summary of yesterday's big event at Orchard Hotel.
.jpg)
.jpg)
If I got compliments, then I believe I have to give some too. I must say all the 2A'06 girls looked very chio (I seldomly say this, you must appreciate it haha), and almost all of them looked like grown ups, for the 2A'06 boys some of them had their hair dyed, but all of them looked good, for the 4E'08 I didn't manage to take a good look at all of them, but the ones that I saw looked good in their costumes. Actually the choice of dresses for the ladies were mostly about the same style, same goes for the gentlemen actually.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Just Do It.
P/S: I'm not going to put any photos of myself with individual people on my blog, so as to prevent random people from seeing them, so if you want the photos you took with me, I can send you the photos through MSN.
Yesterday was the first time in my life that I took more than an hour to get dressed up and do up my hairstyle. I wore long sleeves with jeans and sneakers, while my mum and my sis helped me with the hairstyle. I got to the hotel with my friends, and went up to the ballroom on the third floor, and the image of a sea of well-dressed Kranjians greeted us. I started taking photos of the surroundings and with some of my friends. And then I got my first and only compliment of the night from Shu Fen for my hairstyle when we were waiting outside the ballroom for the dinner to start.
.jpg)
.jpg)
If I got compliments, then I believe I have to give some too. I must say all the 2A'06 girls looked very chio (I seldomly say this, you must appreciate it haha), and almost all of them looked like grown ups, for the 2A'06 boys some of them had their hair dyed, but all of them looked good, for the 4E'08 I didn't manage to take a good look at all of them, but the ones that I saw looked good in their costumes. Actually the choice of dresses for the ladies were mostly about the same style, same goes for the gentlemen actually. However, the food that the hotel provides was not exactly up to my expectations. There was the cold plate, then shark fin, then sour-sweet fried prawn, then abalone with vegetables, Fried chicken(or duck I'm not sure because it's too random) with prawn crackers, fried noodles, steamed fish and the weird dessert. I think the best dish was the cold plate, with the salad prawn, and a few other dish, the shark fin was random as I have never liked shark fin, and thanks to timothy my shark fin was spicy due to the extra dose of pepper he put in my shark fin. Then for the sour-sweet fried prawn the waiter gave me only one prawn while others got two, and he gave me the leftover green pepper and tomato(what the hell!), but the taste was just average, then the abalone, thanks once again to the waiter who helped us divide the dish, I got only a piece of abalone and extra large portion of vegetable. The other dishes was just plain random, and the dessert tasted like badly prepared chawanmushi with raisins in it, it was...well, weird.
And the service of the hotel was not very good, the waiters looked like they were in bad mood and they would take away plates with food that we have yet to finish. The performances was good, the emcee was professional, the entertainments went on smoothly, there was a few competitions like guessing the soundtracks of movies, the most sexy boy disguised as bollywood stars, and the Prom King and Queen and also lucky draws, which was successful thanks to the sporting participants.
The ballroom looked classy, pretty good atmosphere I must say. The mood throughout the event was rather happy actually, the sad part same only later on when we knew it was time to leave. We shouted Yum Seng thrice (which I shouted at the top of my voice) and then there's was the disco part, when they started playing all the hip hop music and turning on the blinding bright colourful lights that you see in clubs. Maybe because they realised that the people are leaving, they turned to playing the song "Graduation" by Vitamin C. I admit I sang along, and this was the part when the sad feeling starts to come up in me. And the sad feeling starts coming up in me now that I'm typing this part of the post. I wouldn't say the event was the best, but it was a very special one, and I would like to remember it forever.
.jpg)
.jpg)
But no matter how much we wish time could stop, life have to go on, there are still dreams to pursue, still many things in life that we have yet to go through. It's a long way for all of us. And I thereby wish everyone one in 2A'06, 4E'08 and all kranjians, a smooth sail in life, and the best of luck to everyone in your studies and in the future and may you all achieve your dreams and find your perfect soul mate and lead the perfect lifestyle that you have always wanted in life and live happily ever after!!!
And I would like to share two sentences that I have always kept to and believed in in my daily life, and I hope this two sentences can help you in your future too.
Impossible is nothing.
And I would like to share two sentences that I have always kept to and believed in in my daily life, and I hope this two sentences can help you in your future too.
Impossible is nothing.
Just Do It.
P/S: I'm not going to put any photos of myself with individual people on my blog, so as to prevent random people from seeing them, so if you want the photos you took with me, I can send you the photos through MSN.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home