That Munkified Blog

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Teenagers nowadays are so cool~

Well, I noticed a trend recently, which I believe many of you thinks is cool too. Many people seems to think that not supporting your own country is cool, because it shows how "rebellious" you are, and this thinking seems to have been passed on to other people over the years. I must admit, I might be one of those people if not for my sister, who is a pro in propaganda-ing.

One good example of this is the recent Football match between Singapore and Brazil. I can't believe some Singaporeans actually went there to support Brazil. When they scored against Singapore, they actually cheered. The Singapore team was playing on their own land, and yet they were treated like the away team. Many people in my school keep saying Singapore will lose, well, if everyone thinks like that, then I must say it's really sad for Singapore. Why must people be so practical, giving yourself no hope at all, and also looking down on your own country? The moment someone bring up the subject, everyone will go, "Aiya comfirm kanna thrash one la" , then another guy will go, " Ya lor ya lor 10-nil la". Well, I must say congrats to you, for finding yourself a new BFF (best friends forever).

And I don't know why people have so much problem with the Singapore government. Take the ERP as example, before the ERP was used, people kept complaining about all the traffic jams and everything, and when they used it, they complain about the policy and the government. What, you think built the ERP very fun ah? Anyhow built play isit? It improved the bloody traffic and what more people want? There's not much solutions you know. Oh, maybe the government can fill the entire country with roads, then more road more space so no traffic jam la? And some people can even be stupid enough to vote for the oppositions just because of this. Oh surely when they become the government they are not going to charge you taxes and no ERP fees too, they are just going to leave it there for fun.

And when people start complaining about the traffic again, and about the lack of action from the new government (if there shall ever be), then they might tell you, "Says who? There's the ERP! No charge at all, just like what you all asked for! Didn't it improve the traffic?".

And since people complain about Newater too, I'm sure the oppositions that some of you vote for is going to take away the policy too. And they will go, "Since people complain about the Newater, we will take it away, and we will buy more water from our beloved neighbour across the causeway. I don't mind being threatened having our water supply cut off *shrugs* ".

Sometimes you should think about things that you do, what did you do them for? Why didn't you want to support your own country? Did the government let you down? Is there a reason why they did some things that you don't like? If you still think supporting your own country is loser-ish, I seriously can't help you.

Just like what I think Mr Goh Chok Tong once said, "Don't be a quitter". Sometimes there's no need to follow the crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home