That Munkified Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Official Passing Out from NPCC

My school's National Day Parade 2008 officially marks the end of my days in NPCC. I must admit I felt rather sad on that day, because it would be my last time wearing my uniform, the uniform that went through so much with me for 4 years. I've learnt a lot from NPCC, and as all of us go through the years, we will notice we have grown, or in fact, changed. No, I'm not talking only about people from NPCC. All of us will grow, both physically and mentally, even though some will grow more, on the physically aspect, but not the other aspect.

My parents received a letter from my teacher officer, Miss Foo, just yesterday and she said in the letter that I have grown to be more outspoken and confident. And it also shows all the good values that I have, but is that really that important? When so many people only cares about getting the "big" job and getting it done and making it big in life.

This are just some things that I have learnt coming through the years in NPCC and in school. Let bring back the subject to NPCC. Of course there are times when we are happy and times when we actually felt unhappy about NPCC. But we have been through all that, and some of us learn to be stronger, while some just remained the same, out to look for honour and the so-called "great achievements" or the "important roles". Of course everyone would be glad to be someone important, even for me, but if you don't get it, you can feel sad about it, and just move on with life, you can't be the best for everything.

When I was in Secondary 1 and 2, I was just out to get through every trainings that I have and as I go into secondary three, I started skipping some trainings with my friends, because I thought it was "cool" at that time and it helps me to mix in with my friends, but as I go into Secondary four, I realised being cool or mixing in with others was never something important.

Actually what is important is that you know you have done the right thing that you will never regret doing. At least at this time, I know I'm on the right track. I can't promise that I won't ever go the wrong way again. If I ever go the wrong way again, I just hope I will eventually come back to the right track.

I will definitely miss the days in NPCC. Thank you to all the Sirs and Mdms. Last but not least, here are some pictures of the Uniform parts that went through so many trainings with me, seen me through the years of being innocent, cool, and finally my last time marching in a parade representing the Kranji National Police Cadet Corps.

All this shall be in my memories forever.

P/S: Thank you to my sister for helping me take the photos and editing them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home