That Munkified Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Sad Truth

I wonder if anyone have noticed this: As we go down the generations, the standard of many things go down too. This is obvious in the Annual Sports Day held at the Choa Chu Kang Stadium by my school on friday. My house, Krestrel was ranked at fifth position(the second last) , even though we didn't win any race, I thought we could at least pull some points back with our cheering during the cheering competition. However, I believe there was only a pathetic amount of people really doing their best. I thought those pathetic people who didn't cheer their best was stupid, can't you cheer for your house for just once a year, what's so hard about it?

My sister was in the same house as me when she was in Kranji, and she said almost every year Krestrel would be either first or second, and last year we got second, yet we got such a big drop this year. I really don't feel the juniors wanting to do their best for their house at all. I doubt Krestrel can achieve good results in the next few years. Then there was the Uniformed Groups relay race, which I thought was a good idea, because UGs always like to complete between themselves.

If there was suppose to be a competition(I mean competition in terms of standard, not a relay race) between the UGs a few years ago(like 7 or 8 years) , I believe there is no UG in kranji who can win NPCC in terms of standard, but now the NPCC standard have dropped over the years, both in the cadets and the Officers, so there is seriously no guarantee who will be better.

The people from the older generations seems to be stronger, both physically and emotionally, and I think sometimes they make better friends too. Sometimes I think it would have been better being born earlier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home