Chinese New Year Celebrations
It was three straight days of celebrations and it has also been three days ever since I felt hungry (you always feel full during Chinese New Year due to the goodies, right?). On Wednesday, I had reunion dinner with my family, and also received my first Ang Bao of the year. On Thursday, I had to visit my father's side relatives in the morning. Nothing much happened there, but this is the first time I saw someone wearing a scarf in Singapore. One of my younger relative wore a scarf despite the hot weather, but maybe a bimbo like her, even though she's two years my senior, hasn't realise that Singapore doesn't experience the four seasons. In the afternoon, my relatives from my mother's side(this are the relatives that I like more) came to my house and we had steamboat for dinner. We also gamble a little (we played the game where everyone gets three poker cards and you add up the number on each card and take the digit at the back, and the person with the biggest number wins. The biggest number is 10 and the even bigger one is three picture cards), I had $16 as my budget and each round cost me $2. I won the first round with three picture cards but I start losing later. In the end, I still made a profit of about $40, while my sister made a profit of about $80.
On Friday, I went to my grandma's house(my mother's side) and we had KFC and Mcdonald for Lunch. After that we gambled again but I wasn't as lucky today as I lost all the money that I brought, which is $22 and my sister loss around $30. After all the gambling, I realised that I only won about 1 or 2 games in 10 games played, so this shows the ugly side of gambling.
Today, I went out in the afternoon with Dexter and Chin Seng to watch the movie, CJ 7.We had planned to watch the movie at Jurong Point, but there's only the front row tickets left, so to avoid having our necks broken during Chinese New Year, we decided to go to Jurong East to watch the movie. We got the tickets for the 3:15 time slot and we played a bit of Arcade before going into the theater. The movie was not as funny as Stephen Chow's past movies, in fact it was more serious. Maybe because he's getting old and would like to try something more mature. Still, the movie was not bad, and I believe it's a rather good movie compare to other movies that's showing at this time.
After that we went home and my relatives from my mother's side came to our house to celebrate my Grandma's 69th birthday. We bought Cze Char from the coffee shop beside my house for dinner. The Cze Char was great but I was a little disappointed when my uncles didn't mention gambling, so I can't recoup my losses.
If you want to look at the photos taken, you can look at My Psychotic Sister's blog, but she have only the reunion dinner's photos up, you can look out for the other photos over the next few days.
On Friday, I went to my grandma's house(my mother's side) and we had KFC and Mcdonald for Lunch. After that we gambled again but I wasn't as lucky today as I lost all the money that I brought, which is $22 and my sister loss around $30. After all the gambling, I realised that I only won about 1 or 2 games in 10 games played, so this shows the ugly side of gambling.
Today, I went out in the afternoon with Dexter and Chin Seng to watch the movie, CJ 7.We had planned to watch the movie at Jurong Point, but there's only the front row tickets left, so to avoid having our necks broken during Chinese New Year, we decided to go to Jurong East to watch the movie. We got the tickets for the 3:15 time slot and we played a bit of Arcade before going into the theater. The movie was not as funny as Stephen Chow's past movies, in fact it was more serious. Maybe because he's getting old and would like to try something more mature. Still, the movie was not bad, and I believe it's a rather good movie compare to other movies that's showing at this time.
After that we went home and my relatives from my mother's side came to our house to celebrate my Grandma's 69th birthday. We bought Cze Char from the coffee shop beside my house for dinner. The Cze Char was great but I was a little disappointed when my uncles didn't mention gambling, so I can't recoup my losses.
If you want to look at the photos taken, you can look at My Psychotic Sister's blog, but she have only the reunion dinner's photos up, you can look out for the other photos over the next few days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home