NPCC ATC Camp!!
Last Friday I went for my first ATC (Adventure training camp) at pulau ubin and today I'm finally back from the 3 days 2 night camp. We had to travel for around a hour on bus and then get on a boat to get to pulau ubin. After landing on pulau ubin, we had to walk a pretty long distance to get to the campsite. When we finally got to the campsite, we had to wait for other schools to get there.
There was the schools around the Choa Chu Kang area and plus another few more schools but I can't remember any of them except the Cresent' Girls school. I must say they're really man~
The first day, we have to pitch our own six-men tents and as we were pitching the tents, insects were already getting into our tents and all the insects there were "up-size". The biggest insect I saw there was a Praying Mantis, it's around 2/3 the size of my hand. We were given rations like canned curry chicken, baked beans, sardine, pineapple, biscuits, milo and instant noodles which have to be cooked by ourselves if we want to eat. It was stuffy in the tents and most of the people hardly got any sleep on the first night.
The second day, we had quite some activties to complete. First, we had to learn some knots and lashings, then play games with "shields" we made from poles and twine, but most of the time I'm using what my sir Shafiq call "eyepower", because I haven't learn lashings. After that we have to find places on the island using map and compass and lastly we had our adventure training which includes a maze, where it's dark and the sirs there will tell you that "stories" were often heard about this maze, then when your group is moving through the "flooded" maze, someone will suddenly on a torchlight to scare us and you'll realise that it's actually the sirs. Then there was Low Ropes and Rock Climbling which I managed to complete. At night, we had campfire and performance from all schools and then it was free-time and lights off at 2 am.
The last day, we had to un-pitch our tents and area cleaning, which my group and another group was unlucky enough to get the toilets. After that there was the grand finale when the best camper award was given out and it was time to go home.
I counted the number of mosquito bites and the highest record was 21 on my entirely left arm. Even though all of us had scoldings and punishments, but I still enjoyed some parts of the camp.
There was the schools around the Choa Chu Kang area and plus another few more schools but I can't remember any of them except the Cresent' Girls school. I must say they're really man~ The first day, we have to pitch our own six-men tents and as we were pitching the tents, insects were already getting into our tents and all the insects there were "up-size". The biggest insect I saw there was a Praying Mantis, it's around 2/3 the size of my hand. We were given rations like canned curry chicken, baked beans, sardine, pineapple, biscuits, milo and instant noodles which have to be cooked by ourselves if we want to eat. It was stuffy in the tents and most of the people hardly got any sleep on the first night.
The second day, we had quite some activties to complete. First, we had to learn some knots and lashings, then play games with "shields" we made from poles and twine, but most of the time I'm using what my sir Shafiq call "eyepower", because I haven't learn lashings. After that we have to find places on the island using map and compass and lastly we had our adventure training which includes a maze, where it's dark and the sirs there will tell you that "stories" were often heard about this maze, then when your group is moving through the "flooded" maze, someone will suddenly on a torchlight to scare us and you'll realise that it's actually the sirs. Then there was Low Ropes and Rock Climbling which I managed to complete. At night, we had campfire and performance from all schools and then it was free-time and lights off at 2 am.
The last day, we had to un-pitch our tents and area cleaning, which my group and another group was unlucky enough to get the toilets. After that there was the grand finale when the best camper award was given out and it was time to go home.
I counted the number of mosquito bites and the highest record was 21 on my entirely left arm. Even though all of us had scoldings and punishments, but I still enjoyed some parts of the camp.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home