Plethora Farewell Match
I had the football match of my life this thursday as it was the last match that Plethora was going to have together. The team captain, Chin Seng, decided to disband the team after this match, so of course I have to do my best for this match. So I tried getting myself fitter by training my stamina with running. Well, the training for two days was tiring but it wouldn't train me up to my best form because it's just only two trainings which is definitely not enough.
So after two days of training, We celebrated Chien Yi's birthday by treating him to Seoul Garden at Marina Square (Happy Birthday, Chien Yi!), then on the day after Chien Yi's birthday, it was the matchday. We were playing against PromiseLand, another team made up of Kranjians. As we are preparing for the match at Fico Sports Hub, we got news that our striker, Timothy is not coming for the match, and we had no substitutes for the match! So Chin Seng called his brother down to help us out.
Before I move on to the match, here's the line ups for the two teams, I believe some of you will find the names familiar, because they are all Kranjians.
Plethora: Chin Seng + his brother, Gabriel, Chien Yi, Dylan and Me
That's me at the Goalpost!
Here's some pictures that we took on the matchday!
.jpg)
I know this photo is extremely blur, but it seems that all the photos that had me in action were all blur, and this was the best one, so I had to pick this one to upload to my blog. Sorry!
.jpg)
.jpg)
So after two days of training, We celebrated Chien Yi's birthday by treating him to Seoul Garden at Marina Square (Happy Birthday, Chien Yi!), then on the day after Chien Yi's birthday, it was the matchday. We were playing against PromiseLand, another team made up of Kranjians. As we are preparing for the match at Fico Sports Hub, we got news that our striker, Timothy is not coming for the match, and we had no substitutes for the match! So Chin Seng called his brother down to help us out.
Before I move on to the match, here's the line ups for the two teams, I believe some of you will find the names familiar, because they are all Kranjians.
Plethora: Chin Seng + his brother, Gabriel, Chien Yi, Dylan and Me
That's me at the Goalpost!PromiseLand: Han Yang, Alex, Eugene, Jenson and Zhi Quan
So I started as the Defender in the team, but I wasn't playing at my best for the whole game, my performance was unstable, playing well at times, but making mistakes at the next moment. And so I switched roles with Chien Yi, and I played as the Goalkeeper. Well, I would say luck was on my side as I made a couple of saves. And so the match continued with Chien Yi and me taking turns to be the Goalkeeper and Defender.
And the match ended with us winning 10 - 9! Chin Seng and Gabriel each scored 4 goals, Dylan scored 1 goal and Chin Seng's brother scored 1 goal. It was the fact that our team had better morale, maybe because we were going to be disbanded, so we wanted a win more than the other team. We were actually losing 7-9 during the last 20 minutes, but we got 3 goals back!
However, it was also the fact that I'm not putting up a match-winning performance as a Defender, I find this fact rather disturbing, but what to do with it? I guess I just have to learn from it and continue improving myself. It's not everyday we can put up our best performance, isn't it?
Here's some pictures that we took on the matchday!
.jpg)
I know this photo is extremely blur, but it seems that all the photos that had me in action were all blur, and this was the best one, so I had to pick this one to upload to my blog. Sorry!.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
This is Chin Seng's brother, Zhen Jun.
I'm sure this will not be the last time we play together and I promise the next time we play football as a team, I will be a better player.
P/S: As usual, I'm keeping our group photos to people related to Plethora only!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home